Thursday 18 October 2012

A 7-step process which any technophobe could do to really sweat ...

I was meeting with a potential client this week, and they asked me the question:

?so, how does a blog help us win more business??

Now, I could talk through the generalities of how a blog helps you win work, for example:

  • Demonstrates to visitors to your blog that you know your stuff
  • Helps your website visitors get to know your fee earner?s personality
  • Because you add regular content, it helps Google index your site more regularly and often helps the search engine optimization of your site.

For more ideas of how to use your blog to win work, then look at ?I have a blog but not sure how to use it to win work?

These are all great benefits of having a blog. However, I believe, that you can take your blog one step further to REALLY shift your blog from a good thing into a work-winning powerhouse.

Step 1: Identify common problems, requests, interests, themes which prospects and clients talk to you about. Before you can really sweat the assets of your blog, you need to consider the following:

  • What do clients and prospects typically ask me?
  • What problems do clients have that I typically solve?
  • What do I often have to educate client?s on?

Once you have brainstormed some answers to these three questions, then blog about them! (For more ideas on how to actually write your blog post see ?how do I make my blog so that people want to read it?)

Now you are really ready to sweat the assets of your blog. Let?s take my prospects example of how to do this.

My potential client is an accountant, who managed to save his client ?8 million in inheritance tax. Let?s just say, for example, that he wrote a short blog post detailing the problems that his client was facing, i.e. a very large inheritance tax bill, and how, without breaching client confidentiality, they were able to reduce this amount by ?8 million pounds.

Step 2: Write and distribute the blog post, i.e. ?How I saved my client ?8million in inheritance tax?, on social media. This is where, after you have written the blog post, you tweet about the post and include it in your LinkedIn status update. For more ideas on how to distribute your blog post, see ?7 ways to get your blog noticed by the people who really matter?

In our next blog post, we will look at step?s 4 ? 7.

Related posts:

  1. What is the right answer to ?how long should a blog post be? ? Part 3
  2. Why I initially was never going to use guest bloggers for my blog ? Part 5
  3. 7 ways to get your blog noticed by the people who matter
  4. How do I make my blog so that people want to read it?
  5. How to use your blog for good SEO

Source: http://joinedupnetworking.com/a-7-step-process-which-any-technophobe-could-do-to-really-sweat-their-blog-to-win-business-2/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=a-7-step-process-which-any-technophobe-could-do-to-really-sweat-their-blog-to-win-business-2

george michael meteor shower usain bolt Closing Ceremony London 2012 Tom Daley Leryn Franco The Campaign

No comments:

Post a Comment